Maryville, Tenn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– By utilizing the highest quality of equipment, drivers and transportation specialists, solid in-house CDL training, and proven operating procedures from years of transport & logistics experience, Vanquish’s transition to the commercial sector was rapid, seamless and successful. Vanquish currently provides local and long distance truckload service to over 20 commercial clients across the U.S.; their commercial trucking division represents continued growth as a worldwide transportation provider.
Contributing factors for their success & what sets them apart:
• Vanquish’s fleet is the best equipment money can buy, made up of 2014/ 2015 International ProStar power units, dry van, flatbed and Fontaine Infinity step deck trailers.
• The entire fleet is maintained under the Landmark Idealease comprehensive vehicle maintenance program with services such as: PM inspections, mobile and shop maintenance, 24-hour emergency road service, recordkeeping, and replacement vehicle service, which allow Vanquish to deliver complete client satisfaction through consistent and dependable service.
• Automated technologies such as Electronic Logging Devices (ELDs) and TMW Innovative IES® Software have been implemented and facilitate efficient planning and communication between drivers, administrative and dispatch personnel.
• State of the art dispatch office at their Tennessee headquarters with a transportation hub in Colorado.
• Vanquish employs highly skilled drivers and has the added capability to train CDL drivers under their sister company, Peak Technical Institute.
“Our commitment to safety and service excellence requires us to continually review our methods and standards,” explained Eric W. Barton, President & CEO of Vanquish Worldwide. “Our experienced drivers and managers have high safety standards and consider DOT compliance to be a minimum requirement. Maintaining our fleet under Landmark’s Idealease program ensures all equipment undergoes stringent quarterly PM inspections and provides us with 24-hour emergency road service and replacement vehicle service so we can continually provide uninterrupted and on schedule service to our customers.”
Additionally, using Innovative IES® transportation software, and outfitting the entire fleet with ELDs, has increased driver efficiency and compliance, as well as their level of customer service.
“With the advanced technology of Innovative IES® and ELDs, our drivers and dispatch team remain on the cutting edge of safety and communications. Implementing these systems was a simple choice in helping to support our safety goals and improve communication among our drivers and dispatch personnel. We are ahead of the competition and look forward to our customer-base growth to continue,” said Matt Naugher, Transportation Manager for Vanquish Worldwide.
About Vanquish Worldwide
Vanquish’s 2014 commercial revenue should reach $4.6 million with future revenue growth expected to exceed $10 million in 2015. In addition to its U.S. commercial trucking clients such as; Rubbermaid, Graphic Packaging, Denso, and FedEx Ground, Vanquish provides transportation services in support of the US Army Command Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command (SDDC). Vanquish also provides a variety of other services in the U.S. coast to coast, as well as internationally in combat theaters and developing nations. Vanquish Worldwide is headquartered just outside of Greater Knoxville, Tenn., with offices in Afghanistan, Uganda, Iraq and the United States.